Use Social Media as a key Salon Marketing Tactic
2019-06-17 by Admin
Social media originally began as a means to share photos and experiences in a relaxed, fun way with friends and family. However today, it’s possibly one of the greatest gifts to business owners and entrepreneurs.
Social media marketing, for the most part, is free with the possibility to reach hundreds, if not thousands, of potential salon clients. At SalonCloudsPlus, we help to educate our clients on the best social media marketing tactics.
Facebook may seem “old” to Gen Z’ers but the fact is, Facebook has the largest social following with over 2 billion users and growing. Instagram, who is now under the power of Facebook, reaches over 700 million each year. As a business owner, it’s pretty safe to see that these two platforms alone can be an effective way to engage current clients while reaching out and bringing in a whole new client base as well.
Here’s some tips to leverage your salon’s social media to bring more awareness of your business and to attract people within your salon area.
Make sure your profile is complete and up-to-date. Many use social media pages as a first point of contact.
- Making sure your name, address, and phone (NAP) allows potential clients to learn more about you. Google also uses a crawler and verifies the validity of your business by making sure this info is consistent with your website and Google My Business page.
- Create a positive impression for your salon with current photos of your salon, branding, and lobby photos.
- The About section is often the first thing visitors check to learn if your salon is something that interests them and aligns with the services they desire.
- Always add your website to your social media platforms. This goes a long way in boosting your site’s ranking and being verified as a valid business on Google.
Know your target audience. It’s important to set a tone and personality to your business. In order to do this, you have to know if your clientele is largely Gen Z, Millennials, Gen x, or even Baby Boomers. Once you know your audience, you can use posts appropriate to their age range to attract the right type of clientsyou’re your salon. Always use relevant hashtags.
Create original and valuable content. To attract clients, you need to give them reasons to follow you. Ask yourself if your social media page offers a benefit or value to them. Useful information can include:
- Product ingredient information. Everyone wants safe, healthy, environmentally safe products for their hair and skin. Sharing that information of ingredients used in your products will show the benefits of using them and can help generate interest.
- Motivational quotes. Everyone likes to see or hear some inspiration to start off their day in a positive way. It can also help to increase the engagement on your salon page where it’s shared with those who aren’t following you yet.
- Before/After photos or videos. Use your social media pages to show off your portfolio. In such a visual generation, people love to see beautiful hair color, new hairstyles, and other inspiring ideas on social media. Use not only before/after photos but also some homegrown videos of what your team of experts can do for their clients. Off the cuff, unscripted videos are trending.
- Discounts, promotions, and rewards. Everyone loves to get rewards or made to feel as though they got a great deal. Promotions can entice new clients to try your services or buy your products and with ongoing clients, it can tempt them to try new services and will reinforce repeat visits.
Be consistent with your posting. To build relationships, there must be consistent messaging to reinforce that you stay up-to-date with the current trends, you are interactive within your community, and you have services and products they need.
Engage and encourage your audience to share. Many people love to share their thoughts and opinions on social media. Use that to your advantage by asking engaging questions or give away products for the season. Most importantly, when there is engagement, be sure that you respond to comments and inquiries as soon as possible. Quick and positive responses build relationships and boost your professionalism.
SalonCloudsPlus can help with your social media marketing. We can assist with analytics to show your client’s peak viewing hours, when they are most likely to be online and other analytics to ensure your social media marketing is reaching the right people. We’d love to discuss with you how we can help you take your business to the next level. Check out our website, give us a call at (888) 909-1051 or email us at email@example.com.