Use Client Testimonials to Your Advantage
2015-10-26 by Admin
When you market your salon, you should be utilizing the best marketing tool available, your client testimonials are strongest marketing tool. Today, people are relying more and more on reviews, referrals, and testimonials before making purchases and deciding on local services.
The first step is making sure you’re getting consistent testimonials. This means actively seeking them out by asking your satisfied customers, especially those who best represent your target demographic, to give you a short written testimonial. You can even offer to write one for them, mentioning the service they loved and the stylist, and then get their approval before publishing. It’s great when happy clients use word of mouth to draw their friends to your salon – but written testimonials last longer and are seen by a larger audience.
Second, make sure the testimonials have meaningful content. This is easy if your client asks you to write it for them. However, if they consent to writing one and ask for advice, let them know it’s great if they mention the service or treatment they received, any products they loved, and how their stylist works with them to give them what they want. Potential clients will feel more confident coming to you if they know others trust the stylist with their hair. Let them know it doesn’t need to be long. In fact, shorter testimonials hold the reader’s attention without making them skim thru lots of content to find the real pros and cons.
Once you have valuable testimonials, make sure to shout them from the rooftops. There’s plenty of places to add these:
- Add them to your mobile app. SalonCloudsApp has a great easy-to-find section for users to quickly find and read the praise.
- Your website is a great place to put them for people researching your salon online. You can put them in one section – or split up onto your numerous pages. If you put them on individual pages, make sure the testimonial applies to the services being offered on that page.
- Use them with your online, print or TV marketing. Make sure they boldly stand out to show potential clients that their local friends, neighbors and community trust your business and so should they.
- Social media. Testimonials can be added to your facebook page as reviews but they can also intermittently be posted on facebook with a ‘thank you’ to that client for the praise, (you can tag them in your post). This will keep it top of mind and make your clients feel good that you value their business.
- If you have a before & after wall or coffee-book, use a testimonial to frame with that clients’ great before & after photos. A smile speaks a thousand words but why not add their feelings in print to support how much they love their new look.
Online searches and mobile apps are quickly leading the way of how people find and use new services. Get your client testimonials out there front and center so they are easily found. If you aren’t yet using the SalonCloudsPlus app, email for a free demo of our system. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the website at www.SalonCloudsPlus.com.