Strategic Marketing to Acquire Clients and Inspire Loyalty
2019-07-15 by admin
It’s true that good first impressions are vitally important. In business, loyalty is made by leaving a good first impression, then repeating that great service every time they visit. The way to give great service, and to flaunt it, is with a great marketing strategy.
The key to building a successful business is with loyal repeat clients as well as consistently bringing in new clients. Creating and implementing marketing strategies to attract clients will expand your business and grow your salon. Some effective marketing strategies include:
- Blogging - Regular blogs about hair & beauty tips, educational how-to videos, before and after pictures, and current trends can help you become an industry expert and leader in the community. Write content that is interesting to your client base, is easy to read, and then share it via social media and email.
- Social Media Advertising - Creating a strong social media presence to show off your work and promote salon offers is valuable. However, social media can also be used as an essential advertising tool to reach a new audience. This form of advertising is an effective use of your advertising dollars because you can target a very specific audience in a very targeted area around your salon. Instagram & Facebook have advertising options that can improve your marketing efforts and reach new clients. Be sure to track your social media advertising analytics to monitor its success.
- Online Reviews – People listen to what their peers are saying. Positive online reviews encourage others to visit your salon, which makes Google, Yelp, and other key review sites important to the growth of your salon. Encourage clients to leave reviews and then take advantage of them by sharing them on your website and in the store.
Once you gain a new client, you need to keep them coming back for regular and add-on services. Here are simple marketing tactics for you and your team to use to build a relationship with existing clients and to keep their loyalty:
- Add-on Services - Have your stylists suggest add-ons such as deep conditioning treatments or scalp massages. These add-on services add value to the overall service, increases sales, and shows your clients some of the great treatments you offer.
- Personalized Cards - Sending a card to your client for their birthday or during the holidays is a great way to build that loyalty and to make your clients feel valued. Everyone appreciates a little extra attention.
- Email Marketing - Email marketing is a great way to promote your business and offer exclusive deals to your regular clients. In a newsletter you can send news about the salon, highlight the latest hair and beauty trends, promote seasonal offers, and advocate new products in your salon. Make sure to keep your client directory up-to-date and track your email marketing efforts by open rates and clicks.
- Loyalty Programs - Many salons offer a customer loyalty program offering free products, special sales, and exclusive offers. It incentivizes your clients to visit your salon more often to buy products, try add-on services, or try a specialty treatment they may not have experienced before.
- Gift Cards - These are a great way to boost sales for your salon. Regular clients don’t even need to come into the salon. With a mobile app, they can buy gift cards right from the convenience of their home. A quick and easy way for them to send a gift and a great way for you to ramp up your sales.
- Client Feedback - Set up a quick customer survey right after you take their payment or send them a push notification to their mobile app. Allowing clients to leave feedback about their experience can help improve your customer service.
Strategic marketing is a main component of a company’s growth plan. However, as your salon grows, your marketing may need to evolve and grow with it. Regularly revisit your marketing strategies to add new campaigns, be creative, and improve those that have lost their momentum.
Sometimes strategic marketing needs a partner that knows what it takes to build a solid foundation for a successful business. SalonCloudsPlus can help with your marketing needs, write blogs, build a custom mobile app, set up your social marketing advertising, and more. We’d love to discuss with you how we can help you take your business to the next level. Check out our website, give us a call at (888) 909-1051 or email us at email@example.com